A while ago I let down a dagger, in the heart of Hope.
And I stabbed and stabbed, till I made sure it was chocked.
I chained it with the silk ribbons and iron that it may not elope.
Then set in a ship and buried it, in the deepest of ocean floor.
Let out a sigh of relief and release, when I docked,
Who knew what I killed, was an immortal bloke?
A whisper in the air, carrying an old name from distant shore.
Is enough to distress and stir, the deepest of my soul.
As I walk barren on the floor of desultory hollow.
Your promises haunt me, like a nemesis in my own shadow.
The evanescent shower of love that was all satisfying.
Has now turned into a snare, of deceit fortifying.
With eloquence, you will hold the door and set it ajar.
Walk me in the lagoon of your words and spin the lies so dark .
I will walk down the trail, like a helpless damsel too naive.
Who is blinded to see, the distress waiting bye.
I bear and forbear for the sake of pride.
You know all the labyrinth, all eloquence is thine.
In the end I give up, your dominion is hard to revoke.
Like a cattle to slaughter, who knows her fate is sealed to yoke.
Then you will put on your cloak and chant the rhymes,
Tails of love that where past and buried by time.
Imbricating your love in a sluggish pattern you won,
Shut the door at my face when the final ritual was done.
That smirk of your eyes, gives shiver to my spine.
And as you walk out, victorious like constantine.
Never turn to comfort, rather mock with your fellow tribe.
Who look down at me, not knowing you did the crime.
Now I weep and weep for the woebegone.
Vow to self is broken, the crimson heart is torn.
Maybe ecstasy is what often rules my mind and soul.
Deeper truth remains that I give in to simply have you more.
Now I loose dignity to live in your sanctuary erstwhile.
Ephemeral courtship, dalliance of fortnight.
Every night I bury with my hands, this Hope.
Every morning it resurrects like a new born mortal, this Hope.
Like we spoke, it certainly shows a sharper edge in your quill when you keep a ghost in the sight. I especially love how active every imagery is. The violence is sheer expression combined with severe presentation. Brilliant work.
ReplyDelete