Sunday, 18 August 2013

Manchester United vs Swansea 17/08/2013

They say "Football is the matter of life and death for some people, but trust me if you are a real fan, you know it's more than that"

So I just came across this brilliant idea (that's what I feel about it) in the middle of the match that I should start posting about every United match experience this season. Maybe I'll start following La-liga more sincerely now so I can post about that too. Offcourse I will support Real-Madrid there. I believe all the thousands of fans across the globe have different match experiences depending on a lot of factors (that sound's so scientific), so I am gonna share neatly my experience.

Let me at least start from the scratch for the new people. Okay folks!! so the 2013 Barclays Premier League has started on 17/08/2013. There are 20 teams that play against each other. You don't have to trouble yourself thinking too much, Manchester United is the BEST and my favorite. You will hear things about us like they are 'Glory Hunters' and all those kind of shit, but we don't have to focus on that because "We are Red Devils and we do what we want."

I was supposed to spend the night at my friend Meenal's place, as her mom invited me to eat some amazing home made food and then later on I realized that it is the match day and I can enjoy the match more their because Meenal's little brother Varun is also a huge soccer fan (even though he supports FBC, it's fun to be provoked by your enemies). 

So I calculated that the match is going to start late in mid-night and I was talking lazily with my friend until I saw facebook updates on banter pages about the kick-off. Okay, so all these sites show match timings according to EST and I have to admit that I am really bad at calculating IST. I every time end up asking someone what are the match timings, but this time I thought i can figure it out on my own. (Honestly, I don't want my friends to think I am too dumb sometimes)

We were playing against Swansea on our home ground. I so wanted to watch the match but Meenal's mom and Varun were watching some comedy show on the TV and I really didn't wanted to disturb them. It was half-time already and I could just know from banter pages that United scored 2 goals by RVP and Welbeck. Now the awaited time came, they were done with the show and I could watch the match. 

What happened in the second half was a lot of waiting for United. Swansea was trying real hard to make a goal. This guy Canas from Swansea fell down and acted pretty much like a drama-queen that he is injured by Van-Persie, but come on we are not that blind. Even RVP had this grin on his face, I bet he wanted to say, "Bitch! Please." But then Swansea somehow managed to make a goal and the score was now 2-1.

Now, Rooney came in and let me tell you one thing. I was pretty mad at him lately about how he was changing his mind regarding staying in the club and doing all kind of non-sense stuff, but then when he walked down the ground I realized I respect him and love him the same way and maybe I can't actually hate him for what he did. I will choose to forgive you Wayne.

It did a great deal of benefit when he came in, as his wonderful assist gave way to RVP for a goal and we were leading with 3-1 now. This Swansea guy Canas was out and this Korean player Ki Sung-Yueng came in. Man I must say he is just so cute that I will have to google everything about him. Anyways, Swansea could not do much later on as we just passed the ball here and there to kill time.

RVP was off and Anderson came in, well the 90 minutes just got over and we had extra 4 minutes. There was actually no hope to see any goal. But this guy Welbeck made the most amazing goal ever. I mean the Swansea keeper was actually standing there, watching the ball go by and he just had his jaws dropped. I never expected 2 goals from Welbeck in the first match and I must say that's the beauty of this game, it's so unpredictable.

At the end, I am glad how my team started this season by winning the first match by 4-1. I can not imagine the club without RVP now and I am proud of Welbeck. Still I want to see Chicharito and Nani recover soon and come back to the field soon. Our next match is with Chelsea and it will be fun to watch the game with some of their fans and mock them on their face.

RED DEVIL FOEVER!! GLORY GLORY MANCHESTER UNITED!!


Me, Meenal and Varun.


Robin Van Persie after his 2nd goal.



Me and Meenal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment